Sunday, November 14, 2010

A sewing project

For the past couple of years at convention, Dennis and I have slept in his pickup. It's not quite as large and posh as a camper however not quite as low to the ground or uncomfortable as a tent. And, to an extent there is a temperature control - we've ran both the air conditioner and heater while staying in the pickup. We use our hide-a-bed couch mattress to sleep on and it is really quite cozy. However, for the past 2 years or so we've ran into the problem about there not being any curtains for the windows. So I set out to make curtains - and wala! :)


Dennis sitting on the tailgate - this sort of shows the tent set up.
My beautiful curtains! They worked for this year - however we did find some improvements that could be made to them. Maybe in August of 2011 I'll set out to make different ones... who knows!
And Trek. One of my best childhood friends, Rhonda and her husband Andrew adopted Trek from Ethiopia. He has brought so much joy to their and others lives. At convention time, he was 20 months old he knew his abc's, could count to 10, could sing (with a tune too) Baa Baa Black Sheet, Twinkle Twinkle Star - and I taught him to sing Mary Had a Little Lamb. I am looking forward to the next time we can get together with Andrew, Rhonda and Trek!

1 comment:

  1. Your curtains are wild! And Trek is a cutie. I'm wondering how old he was when adopted....

    ReplyDelete