Wednesday, May 30, 2012

House progress

In less than one week it is amazing to me what has gotten done to our house. We are so lucky to have parents who were willing to spend their holiday weekend helping us on our house. My parents came over early Friday morning and Dennis' parents arrived on Friday night. Also, Dennis' co-worker John and his wife Janet helped a lot both on Friday night and Saturday! I'm not able to post pictures onto blogger tonight - I think that the feature isn't working. Maybe I'll post them onto facebook instead. 

Anyway - all the floors have been ripped up/out. Friday my mom, friend Kayla and I cleaned. We washed the walls and ceiling and counters in the kitchen. Friday afternoon our friend Bob came by and ended up using his skill saw to cut out the linoleum flooring. We also had Marvin Robinson, John Hyde, Charlotte Dissmore, and later Judy Robinson stop by to see our house! Then Bryan Joyce and Lyle Waldo came over on their way to play basketball at the park close to our house. Dennis' parents arrived around 8:30 and they were raring to go and the rest of us were winding down. We did let them help a little that night! Saturday we were up, full of energy and ready for another days work! The major things that happened on Saturday were #1 hardwood floors were picked up. #2 Windows got washed #3 taping for painting began and the biggest one #4 the floors got painted. Sunday we didn't do anything to the house. It was nice having our parents in meeting with us. My parents and I headed up to Auburn to celebrate my grandpa's 75th birthday. It was a treat seeing the family again! Monday we were at the house again - more taping in preparation for painting. Once we got the primer sprayed on the walls (we tinted the primer) we realized that we didn't like the color. (We were going to go with the same color of wall paint as the tinted primer). So mom and I went to the paint store and picked up many more samples! We finally picked one that we liked. The main things that happened on Monday #1 we had to say goodbye to Lloyd #2 hardwood floors got moved into our garage #3 taping completed #4 primer sprayed on #5 we got a brief visit with Dale & Kari and their 3 adorable, sweet girls. My oh my how I miss them! Tuesday evening Dennis and I picked up the paint that we liked and got it sprayed on with Bob's help. Wednesday Dennis' mom came and helped me do some touch up paint and then I had to take her to the airport. 

Now it is just Dennis and I. We need to purchase plywood to lay down on the floors and then get started laying, sanding and varnishing the hardwoods. We will welcome any and all volunteers to come and help us!  

All for now - maybe I'll get pics posted on here some day!


No comments:

Post a Comment