Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving

Being thankful. It seems that so many in our country are not thankful for how good things are here. Sure, many are unemployed. Sure, some are homeless. Sure, some don't know where their next meal will come from - but I think compared to other countries we have it really good here. If there's a 10% unemployment rate - doesn't that mean that 90% are working? And, as far as homelessness and the hungry - this time of year especially people give. Maybe we could give to the needy during other times of the year too. In April, July, September people are hungry during those months to.

What our Thanksgiving plans are:

We're heading to Redmond to be with my parents, Jon & Tamara. I am thankful to have family to share holidays with.

What I am thankful for: (you might want to grab a cup of tea - this is going to be long)

Living in United States:
  • Freedom
  • Freedom of speech
  • Freedom to go where I want, when I want
  • Freedom to spend money when I want on what I want
  • Freedom to eat what I want, when I want
  • Freedom to chose which doctor I want to see
  • Freedom to chose where I want to live
  • Freedom to chose who my friends are
  • Freedom to talk on the phone ...
I think the list could go on and on with this subject.

My family:
  • Thankful that my family all gets along
  • Thankful that I have parents who are still together and love each other
  • Thankful my brothers, sister in laws, parents and I are all on speaking terms
  • Thankful for my husband who loves me
  • Thankful that into my 30's I still have both sets of Grandparents
  • Thankful I have a big family - love my cousins
  • Thankful my family goes to meetings

My house:
  • Love our new first houme
  • So glad that we could buy a home
  • Thankful the first house we looked at and agreed on became ours
  • Love the wood floors we put into our house
  • It's fun to look at what we've done and dream about what we want to do to the house
  • Glad our 2 furry beasts, Fluffy and Buggers, like our home too
  • Happy that I want to have more company over and try to keep our house clean
My job:
  • Glad I found a job that I like
  • So happy that I do more than just answer the phones
  • Impressed that I work with 3 women and we all get along
  • So thankful that I have a manager who treats me FAIR!
  • So relieved that I actually get to go to doctors appointments - even once a month ones without a huge fuss being made about it
  • Glad that my manager knows how to and is willing to answer the phones
  • Thankful that I have been here for 9 weeks now and have not been pulled aside and talked to about petty things that I forgot to do ... like what happened to me at Lightspeed.
  • Happy that employees here are actually encouraged to talk with others!
My husband:
  • Thankful that my husband is my biggest support
  • Thankful my husband has a job and works so incredibly hard
  • Happy my husband is a handy man and can fix almost anything that's broken
  • It's been so fun to grow together with my husband
  • So glad he's realizing that "what makes wife happy makes everybody happy." :)
  • Happy he's become more social
  • Thankful that we have become best friends
  • Thankful that the biggest 2 disagreements/fights in a marriage (religion & money) is taken care of in our household.
  • Thankful I love my husband
I think for now - that is all I will put. There might be more that will be added later ... but I think that's quite a lot to be thankful for.

Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving everybody and please remember to be thankful all year - we truly have SO MUCH to be thankful for!

1 comment:

  1. "it's not happy people who are thankful but thankful people who are happy."

    ReplyDelete