Monday, March 4, 2013

Becoming an Auntie!

Dennis and I have known for 2 whole months now that we're moving up in the status world. We're becoming an Uncle and Auntie!

And, we found out today that our dear sister is having a girl! I. AM. SO. EXCITED. I get a baby girl in my life and even closer than that, in my family!

I am really looking forward to watching my sweet little niece grow. To see her as a newborn, an infant, a toddler, a kid, a tween, a teen and an adult (although I am going to ignore that one for right now). I am looking forward to dressing her up, doing her hair. And, of course I am looking forward to playing house, dolls, having tea parties and just being girls. I am looking forward to taking her shopping when she gets older and letting her pick things out that she wants - first when she's small, I'm sure it'll be toys but as she gets older I'm thinking it'll be clothes or shoes. I am hoping that I will be the kind of Auntie that she will feel free to talk to me about her parents (when she's upset at them), tell me who she has a crush on and why. I am looking forward to taking her to the zoo, Children's Musem, and even to get ice cream!

I am just excited to become an Auntie.

I definitely forsee frequent trips between Portland and Boise over the next several years!

Ready or not for me niece - I am so ready for you! I am so excited to have you in my life and I simply cannot wait until I get to meet you in person! I already love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment