Saturday, November 14, 2015

Jen's trip to Texas June 2014

When friends move many states away AND have a new baby ... those friends need to be visited! I was so lucky to be able to go to Texas and visit Don & Jenny, their girls and meet Oscar Dean! It was one of the best weeks I had had in quite a while and I came to realize how important friendship is - no matter the miles in between. 

Dennis and I had been told that Texas is hot and humid in the summertime and boy ... was it ever!! It was so humid that my skin was wet after walking outside! Ugh! 

Don & Jenny picked me up from the airport and when we got home, we took a boat ride across Lake Conroe to have dinner at a restaurant with some of Don's family. It was a very fun way to start my vacation. 

As soon as we got back home, I gave the kids the gifts that I had brought for them. Ava squealed with delight when she opened her Frozen blanket! And Jaina put her backpack on right away and loved it! Oscar didn't really know what to think of his airport/airplane blanket! 

Every morning, Ava & Jaina opened my bedroom door very quietly and peeked in my room. When I glanced at them, they ran and jumped into my bed and we snuggled until Jaina said that she wanted Churos (cheerios) or maybe it was Surl (cereal) for breakfast. 

We visited a fun Children's Museum, we went to a water park, we went to the mall, we looked at a condo for sale, we went swimming in their community pool, we went shopping, went to Vero .... Lots was done in that week. 

When I returned home to my desk job, which was quiet - I really missed the chatter of the little kids, the coo's of Oscar and the conversations between Jenny and I. It was hard to leave, but I absolutely loved my time with my friends!



On the boat heading to supper!


 Ava opening her Frozen blanket 


Jaina wearing her pack-pack


Morning snuggles with these two ... this was a great way to wake up!



"Jen need coffee?" This little girl would make me coffee every morning! What a sweetie! :) 


A crane on the dock


Taking off - and Don's fishing poles are in the picture too! I think the only thing Don caught was a snapping turtle!



This looked so weird - looking at the water from the living room and seeing a tractor on the water! What?!? This tractor went back and forth all day long hauling dirt! 


My camera lens fogged up because of the humidity!  


Ava was a pro at putting Oscar to sleep - he loved when she sang to him!


Oscar Dean! He was such a chunky, adorable baby!


Water balloon fight!


Sister snuggles! These two love each other so much and yet would sometimes fight so bad ... and then love each other again! That's the way it goes with siblings! Ava and Jaina - you both are super lucky to have each other! 



Oscar Dean laying on my lap chatting with me! Most evenings, I would hold Oscar and just talk with him! It was so much fun seeing his smile and hearing his coo's!


Jenny made kombucha while I was there! Yum, homemade kombucha! 

We painted!


Ava and Jaina doing the dishes


Waldo - family of 5


Eating lunch at Vero before taking me to the airport for my return flight home! I was super excited to see Dennis and tell him all about my time, but super sad to be leaving my friends. I feel so lucky to have such wonderful friends and look forward to when we can see them again! 



No comments:

Post a Comment