Dennis and I have been married for 4 years! Wow, really 4 years? Where has the time gone? Does that mean that we are no longer newlyweds? Are we beginning to fit into the category of an 'old married couple?' Anyway - this year our anniversary trip brought us to Leavenworth, Wa. I had been there, but Dennis never had. When we were discussing where to go to celebrate - here are the things on his list. #1 snow #2 mountains #3 secluded #4 not a lot of people #5 pretty scenery. He wanted to go sledding but because of his shoulder surgery we decided to be safe and just stay on our two feet. We had a splendid time and are highly recommending this place to others. It was super relaxing, private and we just had a great time!
Where we stayed - Wedge Mountain Cottage - a lovely place
On our way there, of course we had to stop by the Cle Elum Bakery. As a child on road trips Dad Smith would ALWAYS stop by the bakery in Cle Elum!
And we stopped by Owens Meat Market too - they have wonderful pepperoni sticks and beef jerky too! Worth the stop!
On our anniversary - happy 4 years to the love of my life
Outside our cottage - we had beautiful mountain views
In Leavenworth - they were shooting snow/ice onto trees. Then they quit as the weather was getting warmer. Couldn't figure that one out. Anyway - they were preparing to shoot a movie there and needed more snow
A very cool tractor outside of the Bavarian Lodge
From the old tv series Northern Exposure. We stopped by Roslyn on our way back home. "The Brick" Sadly we didn't go in - but hopefully someday we can!
Roslyn cafe. I kept looking for a moose but never did see one crossing the road!
We had a great time - next year I am thinking a cruise or Hawaii for our anniversary trip - I need sunshine! :)



I remember Nathan especially raving about the pepperoni sticks!!! When we were in LW in December, the Hat Shoppe had a line out the door @ least 20 people long. Craziness!
ReplyDeleteBoy do I understand the sunshine bit. Do you not have snow over there or is Dennis just irrationally addicted to it? By March, all I ever want to see again is sunshine and greenery. :-)
ReplyDelete