Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Our trip to Banff, Jasper and Hythe Convention - Alberta Canada

Dennis and I had a wonderful road trip to Alberta, Canada. We went to Banff, Jasper, Edmonton, and Hythe for convention. We were gone from a Friday night through the next Monday. We drove over 2,000 miles and saw several deer, antelope, a moose, a grizzly bear, 2 black bears,  ________ with her cubs.

We camped in Banff and were able to visit Moraine Lake, Emerald Lake, The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, downtown Banff.

We drove through Jasper and stopped at a small coffee shop.

We then drove to Edmonton to visit some friends we had met in Hawaii - Les and Sandi and the next day, we drove to Hythe to be there for convention. 


Ready to head out on our trip! 


Canadian flag


Welcome to Canada


The next several pictures are of beautiful scenery! 




A grizzly bear!


These animal overpasses are awesome!


A fight!


Another antelope



 Downtown Banff



Lake Louise


The Fairmont Lake Louise 











Our campsite!


Steak for dinner! 


Is there any other way to drink campfire coffee? 


Yummy breakfast of eggs, bacon and pancakes! We know how to camp! :)



Another excellent dinner!


I was freezing! 



Banff Gondola!


Fairmont Hot Springs Hotel from the top of the mountain


A favorite picture of Dennis and I 




This picture makes me happy! And Dennis makes me happy too!


Fairmont Hot Springs Hotel


Some say the Fairmont Hot Springs Hotel is haunted by this bride 


An old fire place!


A ball room


Dennis posing with a guard!


Fun shot of the beautiful hotel 


Dennis and I outside of the Fairmont Hot Springs Hotel 


Beautiful Moraine Lake! 


The scenery here was so beautiful! 


Dennis climbed really high up on the rocks. I climbed up about 1/2 way and then was content to sit and look at the beautiful lake! 


We stopped along the road and took a little hike to this beautiful spot! 


Nice rack


The Icefields Parkway - between Banff and Jasper is a gorgeous stretch of road


A big horn sheep


So pretty!



Jasper National Park


A glacier


Downtown Jasper


Mountain goat (I think)


This guy was so huge! Super impressive that he could even hold his head up with the weight of his rack. It was amusing watching tourists try to get as close to him as they could. I'm glad we didn't see anyone get hurt.


Canadian flag


Canola fields. The fluorescent color of these fields are incredible.


Mountain goats


Welcome to Jasper sign 





I had an extra hour so went to the West Edmonton Mall!  

Our good friends, Les and Sandi 


Our set up at convention. It rained there a lot - but we stayed dry with the tarp over the tent! It was also fairly cold there 


Bear safe garbage cans


The one and only moose we saw - he was a little guy


When you're driving along - and you see a large black lump - turn around to investigate. Always turn around! 


The large black lump turned out to be a black bear! 


He's smiling at us! ;) 


The timing of this rainbow has a huge significance to me. I love it when I receive clear answers from questions I have. This is one of those times - so thankful for this reminder!


Neat decoration on the overpass


So pretty!


An amazing waterfall 



Tim Hortons coffee!


Yummy!



American flag


It worked out for us to have lunch with Grandpa and Grandma Smith


So happy to be home ...


 So exhausted after driving almost 3,000 miles! 



No comments:

Post a Comment